"I promise a unique and fun experience that captures your senior's true personality."
WHY CHOOSE PAUL FLOYD PHOTOGRAPHY
What Makes Our Photographs Different Than All The Rest
They're unique, fun and creative!
Your senior pictures are the most important photographs you'll ever have created. Paul creates the most expressive and unique images you can get anywhere.
Paul doesn't just take pictures of seniors—he creates art that happens to have seniors in it! His creativity and sense of style, combined with his technical abilities, people skills and a desire to be the best are all reasons why Paul's senior pictures stand out from the rest.
Check out the images below to see what to look for in a flattering portrait. The biggest mistake I see many photographers make is not getting light into the seniors' eyes. When comparing photographers, look to see if they capture the sparkle in the eyes. The last thing you want is dark "dead" looking eyes.
You get an indoor studio and a 4 acre outdoor studio in one location. No need to run all over town for cool locations…..it's all here in one place!
I believe studio portraiture has nearly become a lost art form. More and more “photographers” are opting to NOT learn “studio lighting” at all because it's difficult to do and equipment is expensive. Indoor photography is far different from outdoor and there's a certain amount of expertise required to bring your photographs to life. When preparing for a session, there's a lot of things going through my mind. I'm always thinking about getting light in the eyes along with natural shadows as well as having a relaxed subject to work with. Your images will turn out GREAT and that's why I stand behind my work so strongly. Here's a few things I do in the studio that separate my work from all the others.
- I always have light coming from behind the senior so they are separated from the background.
- I use a soft-box on my flash to create a soft, flatting light with soft shadows.
- A spotlight is used sometimes to create an old Hollywood or vintage look.
- A ring light is a fun light that creates a shadowless light and looks glamorous.
- A parabolic reflector gives a beautiful light with harder shadows for an edgier look.
- Sometimes I just use the modeling lights on the flash to match the light coming from candles or chandeliers.
- I try to use as many of these sources of light in each session as I can for the most variety.
- Most photographers don't even have a studio and can't provide any indoor portraits.
- I have hundreds of backgrounds and scenes to match almost any outfit.